How to use Zapier to connect many common software services with Ninety.
Table of Contents
This functionality is currently in Beta. To join our Zapier Beta program, please access it here.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is a platform that lets you build automated workflows to connect different applications. Zapier makes it easy to craft custom, automated solutions that fit how people work.
- Choose a trigger. Every time it happens, a Zap runs automatically.
- Then, pick an action — which is the task Zapier fulfills.
Triggers and Actions
In the simplest terms, you decide what trigger causes what action in your Ninety instance and Zapier makes it happen. There are many trigger and action paths to choose from and we're adding more all the time. This section explains some of the most common triggers and how to best utilize them for your Ninety instance.
Here's an example of a trigger and possible actions,
- Trigger: when a new To-Do is created
- Action: create an Issue for a specific team and or user
- Action: create a Headline for a particular team and or user
- Action: update KPI details
- Action: edit a KPI's score
Common Use Cases
Automatically put new assigned To-Dos on Google Calendar.
- Trigger: New To-Do created in Ninety
- Filter: Check to see who was assigned the To-Do
- Action: Add the event to Google Calendar
Create an issue when a user completes a form in Appcues
- Trigger: Form Submitted in Appcues
- Action: Create an Issue in Ninety
Because Zapier helps connect to systems outside of Ninety, troubleshooting may involve issues beyond our control. For help setting up Zaps, we recommend reaching out to the Zapier support team through their website or using a third-party service such as Data Automation which can build the Zaps for any Ninety team.
Security and Recommendations
- Ninety Support can help you understand the Actions or Triggers, but cannot troubleshoot the Zapier software.
- Zap creation requires logging into a Zapier account. We do not recommend sharing account passwords with anyone, including our team.
- Ninety can't create Zaps for you