Meetings Best Practices
Quarterly, Annual, Same Page or even a Level 10 Meeting! Read everything you need to know about customizing agendas to archiving Rocks.
Table of Contents
Terms that appear with an asterisk (*) are configurable and may differ from your Ninety. Explore our glossary of terms.
Review this video for an overview of the Meetings* tool.
Remote, In-person, or Combined Team Sessions
Tip 1 - Have one facilitator and one scribe.
- We have seen clients succeed when they have one person leading the meeting and another running the meeting.
Tip 2 - Screenshare Ninety when bringing remote teams together.
- Get the meeting started using any video conferencing software — Zoom, GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, or Microsoft Teams all work well.
- Have the person running the meeting in Ninety share their screen to move to the different sections, create items, and utilize other in-app actions.
Tip 3 - Use audiovisuals during the meeting just as the team would in person.
- In the conference room or meeting space, share Ninety on a screen, so everyone can see and follow the agenda together.
Quarterly Planning Meetings
Our company-operating philosophy utilizes Quarterly Planning Meetings (QPMs)* to focus teams every 90 days. The following are additional features of QPMs* compared to Weekly Team Meetings*:
Review the Quarter's Rocks*
- Incomplete Rocks* should be collected on the Long-Term Issues* list
- Use the Long-Term Issues* list to craft Rocks* for the next quarter
- Coaches typically take their teams through the appropriate tool for the given team quarter-to-quarter
- Track Mastery* of the tools each quarter
Annual Planning Meetings
We also prioritize teams having two-day Annual Planning Meetings (APMs)* to align and set goals for the year. The following are additional features of APMs* compared to Weekly Team Meetings*:
Review the Prior Year
- Determine the number of Rocks* completed
- Review the Scorecard
- Identify ways to increase overall team health
- Revisit the SWOT* in the team's Vision* and make any necessary changes
Vision and Goals
- Read and go over the Vision*
- Align, revise, or create 3-year, 1-year, and quarterly Rocks* accordingly
More Best Practices
Want to read all of our Meetings Best Practices?